Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Making Easy Peanut Butter Fudge

At Christmas time, I had a lot of extra peanut butter to use up before it reached its Best By date.  This was one recipe I experimented with to use up that delicious peanut butter and it turned out wonderful!  I've never tried making fudge the traditional way, and to be honest, it sounds kinda hard.  This recipe was so easy and turns out very rich -- a little goes a long way -- making it a perfect treat to share with friends, family and neighbors!

Next time I make it, I will use a candy thermometer (which I got for Christmas) so I will stress less about whether or not it will come out right.  Also, I will make sure to sift all the powdered sugar well, so I won't get any lumps in an otherwise smooth confection.

 

The Recipe

Easy PB Fudge

(based on "Easiest Peanut Butter Fudge" by AngieH on allrecipes.com)

1/2 c butter
2  c brown sugar
1/2 c milk
1 c peanut butter
1 t vanilla extract
3 c powdered sugar, sifted

Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.  Stir in brown sugar and milk.  Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, heating to the soft-ball stage at 235 - 240 F (if using a candy thermometer).  Remove from heat.  Stir in peanut butter and vanilla.  Pour over powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl.  Beat until smooth. Pour into an 8x8 pan.  Chill until firm and cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment